Toni Watts – CV
Manuscript Illuminator Lincoln Cathedral 2016 –
Artist in Residence Lincoln Cathedral 2015 / 2016
Diploma from the Prince’s School of Traditional Arts, London.
Selected Juried Exhibitions:
- Fine Art Trade Guild – Guild Artists Exhibition 2014, 2015
- Royal Society of Miniature Painters, Sculptors and Gravers 2012 – 2014 Mall Galleries, London; catalogue.
- David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year 2012 Mall Galleries, London and Shalford, Surrey.
- Society of Women Artists 2005 – 2009 Mall Galleries, London; catalogue.
- Lincolnshire Open Studios 2005 – 2014
- British Birdwatching Fair 2005 – 2015
‘How to Paint Wildlife in Acrylic’ in The Art of Painting in Acrylic (Minnesota: Walter Foster Publishing) 2014
‘Painting Animals and Birds in Acrylic’ in The Art of Painting Animals (Minnesota: Walter Foster Publishing) 2015
- Art and Framing Industry Awards, Fine Art Trade Guild – Polyanna Pickering award for the ‘Best Depiction of the Living World’ 2014
- Finalist David Shepherd Wildlife Artist of the Year 2012
- Christopher Parsons Award for Artistic Excellence 2005
- Best Bird Painting – Wildscape Wildlife Artist of the Year 2004
Recent Education, Qualifications:
- Early Renaissance egg tempera painting with Fred Wessel and Jeremiah Patterson, Cortona, Italy 2018
- Oil Glazing Workshop with Martin Kinnear 2015
- Manuscript illumination masterclass with Christabel Anderson 2015
- ‘Simply Oils’ with Martin Kinnear, April 2014
- Making a traditional gesso panel with David Cranswick, March 2014
- Prince’s School of Traditional Arts February 2014 The Flemish Technique with David Cranswick.
- Prince’s School of Traditional Arts January 2014 The Alchemy of Paint: The Transformation of Earth, Rocks, Roots and Berries into Pigments with David Cranswick.
- Prince’s School of Traditional Arts 2013 Art of the Arabesque with Amber Khokar
- Prince’s School of Traditional Arts 2012 Advanced Medieval Manuscript Illumination
- Prince’s School of Traditional Arts 2011 Medieval Manuscript Illumination
- Prince’s School of Traditional Arts 2011 Indian Miniature Painting
- Podere Siliano Alto, Italy 2010 Icon Painting workshop
- Open University M.A. Art History with Merit
- Open University 2012 B.A. Hons. (First Class) Humanities with Art History and Classical Studies
- Royal College of General Practitioners 1988 MRCGP
- University of Leicester 1984 MBChB